In today’s day and age, there is information overload. I truly believe this contributes to the growing amount of anxieties and mental health issues. Never before in history was it so easy to find information on anything at any time.
Making our lives seem perfect on social media causes others to feel inadequate in their own lives. So many judgmental comments and articles on opinionated topics cause people to second guess pretty much any life decision they’ve ever made.
So how can we counter this information overload and other mental anxieties? Enter self-heal.
What are some awesome ways to self-heal?
- Journaling – If you like to write, this one has helped me more than any other. Go to Pinterest and search Journaling Prompts. Many of the prompts that you will find will ask you to answer questions about yourself that force you to really think hard about who you are. They also force you to recognize your strengths and accomplishments.
- Take a bubble bath – Seriously. It doesn’t have to take more than 20 minutes, but if you do… Make sure that you fully relax. Close your eyes. Clear your head. It will leave you feeling amazing. Add some amazing essential oils like this Meditation blend for even deeper relaxation.
- Connect with nature – Go barefoot in the grass. Walk a trail. Take deep breaths of the clean, fresh air. Lay in the grass and soak up some Vitamin D in the sun. Sometimes just taking an hour here or there to just unplug and regroup is the best thing for you.
- Cut out negativity – You should NEVER be afraid to let go of people who make you feel like less of a person. Let’s face it, not everyone is positive and happy all the time. It’s okay to have bad days, but if someone is constantly negative or making you feel bad it is time to cut ties. You’ll never regret it.
- Read motivational books or positive quotes – My daughter and I usually go weekly to the local library and I try to rent at least one book that will motivate and uplift me. I have found that constantly reading these books helps keep me away from mindless surfing on social media and into a more positive state of mind.
- Allow yourself to feel – It is okay to have a bad day. So many times, I have heard “no negativity, just stay positive” but Hey… Life is hard and sucks sometimes. Shutting away your emotions and putting on a fake front will destroy you internally and it will be more likely that you’ll breakdown later on. Instead, find someone who you can open up to. When you have a bad day, say it. Dump your feelings out and deal with them head on. You will move on much faster and there will be less of a chance it will KEEP you down.
I started 2017 out with the mindset that I was going to be more positive and work on finding myself. I can tell you that in the past 4 months, I have never felt such inner peace and happiness. My family sees it too. We fight less, our kids fight less, and we no longer stress over things we cannot control. There is no better time than to start but today! If you would like to check out my little stash of positivity and self help check out my Pinterest board. If you like it, feel free to follow me for updates!
As always I love hearing from my readers, so if you have a chance drop me a quick comment on your best ways to self-heal or how my aforementioned tips have helped you!